Wednesday, January 27, 2016

1/27, Wednesday, Windsor

Ok, now we really went off script. Because of the poor weather and the lack of things to do indoors, we decided to end our stay in the Cotswolds a day early and head towards London. I did a last minute search and found a guest house in Windsor just a short walk from Windsor castle.



We were here in 2011, but there is just so much more to see, do and eat! Tomorrow we will check out of this guest house, leave the luggage in the car and catch the train in to London.

Our timing couldn't have been better as we approached the castle. The changing of the guard had just completed and the old guard came marching out of the castle. Unlike last time we were here, the guard came out wearing kilts. I don't have a picture yet because I was using my camera to take video. 

After we checked into the room and had a brief rest, we decided to make a test drive to the Heathrow Hertz drop-off location which was about a 30 min drive. I have to have the car back tomorrow by 9pm. The last thing I wanted was to get lost trying to get around Heathrow Airport's busy traffic when I am pressed for time.


No comments:

Post a Comment