Wednesday, October 30, 2024

New developments


It looks like we're coming to an end with this treatment. The Oncologist has completely stopped the Oxaliplatin due to the numbness in my fingers and feet. I received the other  drugs and will continue until th CT in November. After that he will switch me to a two drug combination that I will get once a week. He also says that now is a good time to start considering trials.  Unfortunately, all this means is I will have less options for any other treatments, if there are any others.

___________________________

Just had an interesting call from Bethesda Naval Hospital (Walter Reed National Military Medical Center) in Maryland about clinical trials. I told the RN the information above and they might want to wait until my treatments are no longer effective before doing this trial. They set me up with a telehealth appointment to discuss everything after my next CT. One thing she mentioned is they've had a guy on the trials for a year, which makes it sound like it could be effective. It would mean flying up every week for an infusion, but they pay for the flight and hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment