Monday, January 17, 2011

0330 EST or 0820 GMT

We landed in Gatwick 30 min early. Very rainy and gloomy this morning. Gatwick airport reminds me of Miami International...in the late 70's. Well, not all of it. Once you get in to the main terminal you feel like your in a shopping mall.

I made a reservation for us in one of the airport lounges. I remember seeing it on the internet. It had large windows that looked out onto the airfield. I'm not sure where THAT lounge is because the only thing I see outside the window is scaffolding in what looks like a back alley way, and no planes in sight.

They only allow you to be in the lounge for 3 hours as we were rather abruptly reminded of when mom said our flight is not until 1400. And I can understand why. They have a nice spread of wine, booze, imported beer and plenty of snacks, all complimentary (not really, I did have to pay to get us in the lounge). If I wasn't so tired I'd be up the killing it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Gatwick

No comments:

Post a Comment