Monday, January 17, 2011

High in the sky

It is now 2300 Florida time and we have about 3 hours until landing at Gatwick. The child three rows up has finally finished screaming and crying for the last four hours or so.

At the terminal, I had asked if the flight was packed and wondered if we could be put in a row with just the two of us. In the 777 the are three rows of three seats. Which, mental note...look into yoga classes. Anyway, the BA rep was able to put us in the middle of the plane so both mom and I had an isle seat and we could put our stuff in the center seat. Which was a good thing because the seats i had purchased would have been directly behind the screaming child.

In the future I will choose seats ion the back of the plane because of something mom told me a long time ago that I forgot. People in the back of the plane are boarded first but many have a nasty habit of placing their luggage in the forward storage bins. So by the time we got on all the ones around my seat were full even though the seats weren't.

We ate dinner some time ago. The food was not bad at all. The entrée was either beef or pasta with mushrooms. We both chose the beef that came in a little tray with mashed potatoes, green beans, and carrots. There was a small italian salad with two hunks of mozzarella cheese, a roll, and a brownie.

The fella in front of mom put his chair so far back that she was having difficulty eating her dinner, which was somewhat ironic because on our flight to Zurich I had the same thing happen.

I know I'm fairly large, but these seats are ridiculously close together. If we had to sit together we would have had to feed each other.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment