Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gatwick to Rome

Sleep deprivation was starting to kick in about 8am London time. The worst thing was that we had no idea what gate the plane was at until 1340, which the flight was supposed to leave at 1420. It took a good 15 min just to walk to the gate.

So we finally got on the somewhat old Boeing 737. I lifted up the arm rest and I heard a big clunk hit the floor. I look over the seat and told the flight attendant "I think I just lost a piece of my seat." The top part of my arm rest just fell off. In my punch drunk state I said "I hope nothing else falls off this plane."

So this time were sitting almost at the back of the plane and wouldn't you know some guy sits across from us one row back with a crying kid. I was really hoping to get some sleep. I think I got about 1 hour of sleep during our entire 30 hour journey.

There was a lot of cloud cover over England and France but I had a feeling we would see the alps. One of the last pictures looks like the Matterhorn. I'll have to look that up later and see if it's in the southern alps. Unfortunately I can only get wifi in the hotel lounge, which is a small bar and maybe 4 tables.











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment